KCWH&F LOC meeting minutes 26th July 2016

Meeting Minutes

KCWH&F LOC meeting

Time/Date:  18:30 on 26th July 2016

Venue:           First Floor, Dining Room, The Royal Oak Pub, 74-76 York Street,

London, W1H 1QN

Present: Panos Nicolau,John Hopcroft, Michael Hawkins, Pedro Quiceno, Graham Ackers, Viren Jani, Said Aghabozorg, Vesna Dragic, Bozena Trylska, Daska Barnett, Sheena Patel, Shafquet Mohamed, Lezan Amadi, Jeanne Waas, Keval Dattani, Kam Khambav, Kanti Fatiania, Pratul Shah

Apologies:    Azzam Schweiki,


 

AGENDA

  1. Welcome & apologies
  2. Chairman’s report
  3. PETL update
  4. Treasurers report
  5. Any other business
  6. Thanks and close

 


 

Continue reading


UPDATE!!! KCWH&F LOC meeting agenda, 26th July 2016 !!! UPDATE

The LOC for Kensington, Chelsea, Westminster, Hammersmith & Fulham

would like to apologise and announce the LOC meeting scheduled for 26th July 2016 will be hosted at a new venue due to last minute closure of the original meeting location.

The new location will be a short walking distance and we hope to see you all, please see below for full details & thank you for your co-operation.

(NEW LOCATION)

Time: 6:30pm

Date: Tuesday 26th July 2016

Venue: The Royal Oak Pub, 74-76 York St, London W1H 1QN

The royal Oak Pub – See link


AGENDA

  1. Welcome and apologies
  2. Chairmans report
  3. Vice Chairmans report – WOPEC accreditation
  4. PETL update
  5. Treasurers report
  6. Any other business
  7. Thanks and close

 


This meeting is open to all local Optometrist contractors, performers and dispensing opticians. We look forward to seeing you and answering any questions. Please feel free to pass on this email to any beneficiaries who are practicing within the Triborough: Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster & Hammersmith & Fulham.

Any queries please contact Secretary @

secretary@kcwloc.com

Thank you for your support.


KCWH&F LOC meeting agenda, 26th July 2016

Time: 6:30pm

Date: Tuesday 26th July 2016

Venue: The chapel, 48 Chapel street, London, NW1 5DP

The Chapel Pub – click link for map


AGENDA

  1. Welcome and apologies
  1. Chairmans report
  1. Vice Chairmans report – WOPEC accreditation
  1. PETL update
  1. Treasurers report
  1. Any other business
  1. Thanks and close

 


 

This meeting is open to all local Optometrist contractors, performers and dispensing opticians. We look forward to seeing you and answering any questions. Please feel free to pass on this email to any beneficiaries who are practicing within the Triborough: Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster & Hammersmith & Fulham.

Any question or further assistance, please contact secretary by filling in the below form or emailing direct to secretary@kcwloc.com

 


KCWH&F LOC meeting minutes 9th May 2016

Meeting Minutes

KCW LOC AGM meeting

Time/Date:  19:30  / 9th May 2016

Venue:           First Floor, Function Room, The Chapel, 48 Chapel street, NW1 5DP

Present:          Panos Nicolaou, Azzam Shweiki, Pedro Quiceno, Michael Hawkins,

                      Said Aghabozorg, Rebecca Burgess, Shafquet Mohamed,

                        Bozena Trylska, Daska Barnett, Nimesh Modi

Apologies:    Salvatore Camilleri, Phillip Mendelson, John Hopcroft, Stephen Kill, Jayshree Tanna

 


 

AGENDA

  1. Welcome & apologies
  1. Chairs report
  1. Vice Chairman’s report
  1. PETL update
  1. Treasurers report
  1. Any other business
  1. Thanks and close

 


 

Start time: 19:30

1) Welcome & apologies.

Panos welcomed the committee to the meeting and introduced an update from:

Katrina Venerus of LOCSU & an update from John Hopcroft of PETL (the KCWH&F LOC company).

2) Chairmans report.

The next meeting with the Imperial Trust will be 12th / 13th May. Panos explained that the Imperial Trust will be advertising for a vacancy for a position, for a representative to liase between Community Optometry & The Imperial Trust  – Rahila Zakir (Clinical Lead of the Imperial Trust) being the main point of contact at the trust.

Panos introduced good news regarding Poonam Sharma, instrumental in securing the bid for the committee, she will be cover this position from June until the position it is filled, expected in the autumn.

Question was raised from the committee regarding the acquirement of the position, if it was a paid position? Daska expressed concern regarding the transparency of information & communication. Panos confirmed that until PETL meets with the trust we will not have much more information to share. John Hopcroft is expected to provide an update at the next meeting.

Panos explained the directors of PETL, the LOC company who are Panos, Sam & John. Sam has been appointed to maintain a comprehensive list of WOPEC accreditations and take on this responsibility. John has been appointed to oversee the IT system and methods of reporting and payment on behalf of PETL.

Daska raised concerns about the overall speed of the whole process, and queried when the “Implementation process” will happen. Panos explained that the delay in a date being confirmed was due to the fact that we are waiting on the Imperial Trust to put in place their systems and key personnel. Sam explained that WOPEC accreditation is a requirement for performers who are to participate in the new service.

All communication regarding this WOPEC training is to go through Sam so the committee can build up an accurate picture of who is accredited and where they are based. Cataract and Glaucoma are the first modules that should be completed by performers.

Said wanted clarification about who was actually delivering the contract. Panos confirmed that PETL (the LOC company) won the bid and that all the optometrists operating in the Tri-Borough will be able to deliver the service, as long as they meet the requirements set out by the imperial trust. The contract for the service is for 4 years. Panos confirmed to the committee that elimination or renewal is only likely if something goes wrong or there is a deficiency in the service.

Following on from a further question raised by Said. Panos explained that LOCSU is the Local Optical Committee Support Unit and is funded by the LOC’s around the country to provide support and advice. We will use them to help deliver the service to the community through the Enhanced services.

3) Vice Chairman’s report.

Sam confirmed that 30 WOPEC codes have been issued. A list of details that the LOC currently hold regarding Opticians performing within the Tri-borough was challenged and the secretary’s database was explained which holds 230 contacts. Through further discussion it was confirmed that the committee would like to address the above with more reinforcement as this area is important. Panos agreed an action plan to be created, Daska advised that the LOC should send both written & email communications to all contacts from the secretary’s list and directly to all practices in the tri-borough. Panos confirmed that he will write a letter for the secretary to have emailed and posted to all practices within the tri-borough community. Telephoning practices will be a method least used as the committee confirmed that is not as effective as means of communication.

Said was asked to re-confirm a list of all the performers and WOPEC holders within the Specsavers group practicing within the tri-borough.

4) Treasurers report.

Due to personal reasons Mike informed the committee that he will take a step back from his duties and outsource the work or the treasurer to an accountant. He will continue to serve as the treasurer until the next AGM. For the remainder of the year he will arrange for an accountant to take care of the administration of the treasury role. The committee will seek to replace mike as treasurer at the next AGM in 2017. Mike confirmed that for all expenses/invoices from the committee members, he will still receive these invoices and forward them to the accountant to deal with the admin.

5) Secretaries report.

Action points

1) Contact John regarding the meeting with Imperial on 12-13th May.

2) Contact Katrina from LOCSU for any more recent updates or feedback.

3) Email all contacts regarding the accreditation process WOPEC with a letter and post letter to each performer / practice within the tri-borough. Panos to write letter.

Pedro advised that he could allocate 2 days for extra work for the LOC with re-building a comprehensive list & updating current database off contacts of performers & contractors working within tri-borough. Accepted by the committee.

6) Any other business – Vote

Given that the committee has adequate reserves. It was proposed at the meeting for the levy to be suspended for 6 months – 7 AGREED & 2 ABSTENTIONS, so the motion was carried and the levy will not be collected for the next 6 months

7) Next meeting.

It was confirmed that the next meeting will be on the 4th July 2016 (this was changed at a later date to the) 26th July 2016.

                                                                    Finish time 21:00


KCW LOC – Meeting on the 9th May 2016

Dear Ophthalmic contractor, Performer, Dispensing Optician,

The Chairman’s and committees of Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster London optical committee would like to invite all GOS contractors and performers practicing within the area of Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster to attend the next meeting scheduled on:

Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm

Date: Monday, 9th May 2016

Venue: The Chapel, 48 Chapel Street, London, NW1 5DP

See map : The Chapel London

Light snacks and drinks will be served at the meeting.


 

We hope to see you at the event any problems or questions please feel free to contact Pedro Quiceno – Secretary @ Secretary@kcwloc.com

 

The meeting is open to all local Optometrist contractors, performers and dispensing opticians contracted within the tri-borough of Kensington, Chelsea & Westminster.

Please feel free to pass on this information and or share to any beneficiaries.


Notice of KCW AGM meeting on 4th April 2016

You Are Invited - AGM Meeting

The Chairmans and committees of Kensington Chelsea and Westminster LOC would like to invite all GOS contractors and Performers practicing within the areas of Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster to attend their respective Annual general meeting on:

Date/Time: Monday 4th April 2016 for a start time of 7.30pm

Venue: First floor, Function Room, The Chapel, 48 chapel street, London, nw1 5dp

see link for – The Chapel Bar (MAP)

We hope as many local contractors and performers as possible will attend the meeting to hear all about the LOC’s activities in the past year. Continue reading


KCWHF – Meeting agenda, 2nd November 2015

Time:        6:30pm

Date:        Monday, 2nd November 2015

Venue:     The chapel, 48 Chapel street,   London, NW1 5DP

See link for map – The Chapel Bar

                                                                            

Meeting Agenda:

1. Welcome and Apologies

2. Chairmans report

3. Update on delivery of new Ophthalmic contract from PETL.

3. Treasurers report

4. Secretary’s report

5. Any other business

6. Set meeting dates for 2016

7. Thanks and Close

The meeting is open to all local Optometric contractors, performers and dispensing opticians.


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 26 other followers

%d bloggers like this: